Social Emotional Learning
This is an interactive app for families to share with their children, to help them learn about emotions.
**Multiple user sign-in! Up to four users can track their own moods and keep track of their own scores!**
Are you feeling delighted? Astonished? Anxious? “Feel Electric!” explores all these emotions and more! Part of the Military Families “Finding the Right Word” initiative, this app offers engaging tools that use content and curriculum from The Electric Company to provide opportunities to explore emotional vocabulary and self-expression. Hosted by Electric Company cast members Jessica Ruiz and Danny Rebus, “Feel Electric!” features three fast-paced games, a digital diary to record daily moods, a zany story maker, and more!
• 3 vocabulary-based games
• Multiple user sign-in
• A digital diary
• A glossary of 50 emotion vocabulary words and definitions
• 10 zany story makers
• Hosts Jessica Ruiz and Danny Rebus
• A library of Electric Company music, photos, and video
• Add your own music, photos, and video
• Create your own mood dude
• Fun point system and scoreboard
• “Feel Electric!” empowers children to explore their emotions by building expressive vocabulary skills.
• Introduces 50 emotion words and definitions
• Builds emotional awareness
• Encourages self-expression
Brigham Young University has developed a website that provides social skills lessons for school aged children. The website has lists of books with printable lesson plans developed for specific age groups.Their goal is to teach social emotional learning with children's literature and activities.
Breathe, Think, Do with Sesame
This is a resource app for you to share with your child to help teach skills such as problem solving, self-control, planning, and task persistence.
Laugh and learn as you help a Sesame Street monster friend calm down and solve everyday challenges. This bilingual (English and Spanish), research-based app helps your child learn Sesame’s “Breathe, Think, Do” strategy for problem-solving. Tap and touch to help the monster friend take deep breaths, think of plans, and try them out! Your child will enjoy silly animations and playful interactions as she is exposed to important emotional vocabulary, a calm breathing technique, personalized encouragements, and more!
• Explore five interactive activities with a unique, everyday challenge
• Tap, pop bubbles, and more to help the monster breathe, think, and do to solve problems and feel better
• Personalize encouraging phrases that your child will hear as they help the monster think of a plan
• ”Breathe with the Monster” activity to help children practice taking deep breaths to calm down
• Robust Parent Section with great resources for navigating everyday challenges with your young child
Breathe, Think, Do with Sesame is intended for parents and caregivers to use with their young children (ages 2-5).